Training busy parents who have not only work, but a family to feed. We understand it can become frustrating having to think of something after a long day.
We hope these easy to make and nutritious recipes help you take the thought process out of what to make and make something the whole family will enjoy. Knowing it is healthy and nutritious, is an added bonus!
Here is this weeks recipe...
Turkey Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers
- 1 pound of 93/7 Ground Turkey (can sub the turkey out for lean beef or ground chicken if desired)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 Egg white
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Lightly Salted Rice Cake (Grounded)
- 1 bag of mini bell peppers (sliced in half and cleaned)
- Saute onion just till tender (you do not need to add oil to cook the onions, watch the the onions cook till they are "wet"). If you like to lightly spray the pan with PAM, that is fine.
- Add Ground Turkey to onions and cook till brown (Seasoning- Garlic and Rosemary, or Poultry blend are great options)
- Drain meat, add grated Parmesan cheese, grounded rice cake, and more seasoning if desired. Add egg white to the mixture once the desired seasoning is achieved.
- Fill the pepper halves with the meat.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 mins (cooking time will vary)
- This is great to make in bulk for snacks or kids lunches.
- For dinner a nice mixed salad will go great with this.
- If you trained and looking for some extra carb sources to go with this. Sweet potatoes, steamed veggies, rice, quinoa, couscous are great options to add to the family dinner.